Home Depot MEASURE TECHNICIAN - RUTLAND in Rutland, Vermont
The Measure Technician works independently in a traveling field role in support of Home Depot's Measurement Services center. The Technician's role is to provide quality professional customer service that consistently meets or exceeds Company standards of excellence and customer expectations. The position is directly responsible for creating, maintaining and improving customer relationships while interacting with customers on a daily basis during sales, product inquiry, taking on-site home measurements, and coordinating installations in conjunction with the Measurement Services center. The position is also directly responsible for providing a positive customer experience, accurate measurements, entering and transmitting measurements by a CAD tablet and various related department goals.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
90% Providing customer service by assessing customer needs, communicating with customers and conducting home measures.
10% Review and edit of drawings in the CAD tablet.
NATURE AND SCOPE: Position Reports to: Local Field Manager Number of Direct Reports: 0
Environmental Job Requirements: Located in a comfortable indoor area. Conditions could produce mild discomfort on occasion including but not limited to lifting, bending, squatting within customers’ homes.
Travel: Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time
Must be eighteen years of age or older
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
Education: The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 1 year
Physical Job Requirements: Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Previous customer service or retail sales experience is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND COMPETENCIES
• Skilled at consistently providing outstanding customer service, following through on responsibilities to customers and recovering from any errors made.
• Demonstrated ability to complete projects and assignments accurately, catching errors before completion, despite a large workload, competing demands and a fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with customers.
• Ability to set priorities, plan and coordinate work activities and obtain and manage resources so that work objectives are accomplished on time.
• Associates must have strong computer skills, and understanding for CAD like applications.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.