Home Depot The Home Depot Rental - Lead Rental Technician - Pittsburgh, PA in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
MUST RESIDE WITHIN 20 MILES OF TARGET CITY
Must be at least 21 to drive in a DOT capacity
Schedule: 1st shift with flexible hours/ Must be able to work alternating weekends
With convenience at our core, The Home Depot Rental allows you to save time and get the job done faster. In addition to a wide assortment of pro-grade tools, equipment, trucks, and trailers, we offer knowledgeable, resourceful, and dependable associates who are ready to provide solutions that will help finish the job or project at hand.
The Home Depot Rental operates in over 1100 locations of The Home Depot across the US and Canada, offering large towable equipment, tools, trucks and trailer rental along with on-site equipment delivery. The large equipment fleet includes trenchers, chippers, mini-excavators, skid steers, aerial work platform equipment, and tractor loader backhoes among others. With a large team of highly trained technicians, shop techs, and VIP Delivery Technicians and customer care associates throughout the United States and Canada.
We live our Core Values : Excellent Customer Service, Creating Shareholder Value, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Taking Care of Our People, Respect for All People, Doing the Right Thing, Building Strong Relationships, Giving Back
The Lead Rental Technician should have strong people skills, responsible for maintaining a fleet of rental equipment (skid steers, chippers, trenchers, mini-excavators, etc.) in a group of The Home Depot stores in the vicinity. You will travel throughout your region of responsibility to monitor equipment for rental readiness, manage the rental operation with the right equipment in the right location, and handle equipment sales opportunities.
· Oversee and participate in branch operations
· Inventory management for service locations (if applicable)
· Insure timely submission of paperwork to Corporate office for reporting, billing and payroll purposes
· Responsible for performance reviews, pay recommendation, safety record of network
· Communicate effectively to customers, coworkers and subordinates
· Monitor service performance levels to ensure customer satisfaction; investigate all service complaints and initiate immediate resolve
· Monitor parts inventory for technicians
· Responsible for following up on parts pending, part number requirements and technical support
· Identify and implement procedures to increase productivity and/or reduce costs
· Oversee the implementation of new customers
· Maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive company image to the public.
· Responsibility for the Profit & Loss for District
We offer a full array of benefits that include health, well-being, and financial. Please visit www.livetheorangelife.com for more POSITION PURPOSE
Must be twenty-one years of age or older to drive in a DOT capacity
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Experience in the landscape/construction/fleet management field
Strong light construction equipment maintenance knowledge and/or skills including small engines and hydraulics
Ability to lift up to 80 lbs. safely
Read mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and illustrated parts lists
Strong work ethic, capable of leading a team
Experience, ability and desire to provide superior customer service
Excellent communication skills
Ability to multi-task
Ability to work independently
Experience in all aspects of the equipment rental industry
Strong handheld technology skills
Valid driver’s license (ability to drive in a CMV capacity)
High School Diploma or GED
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.