Home Depot Home Depot Equipment Services - Field Service Professional - Elk Grove Village, IL in Elk Grove Village, Illinois
MUST LIVE WITHIN 20 MILES OF TARGET CITY
Position Schedule: Monday – Friday/ Flexible Start Time between 7:00 am – 9:00 am
Home Depot Equipment Services is comprised of over 300 talented and highly trained professional technicians to deliver comprehensive management of commercial equipment including installation, repair, preventative maintenance and parts management. We are dedicated to investing in advanced technology and the continued training of Support and Field Service Professional teams with the singular goal of optimizing the efficiency, safety and productive life span of our customers’ mechanical assets. We are an industry leader with a nationwide footprint in 15 regions across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
Field Service Professional - As a Field Service Professional you will maintain a variety of light industrial equipment found in retail locations and manufacturing facilities, such as paint shakers, carpet carousels, checkout stands, blind cutting machines, shopping carts, and lifts. You may help in maintaining a thriving equipment rental business at the store by providing excellent customer service. This position may assist area mechanics in construction/landscape equipment service. You must be a self-starter, eager to “hit the road" and derive great satisfaction in getting customer’s equipment up and running. Generally provide maintenance and repairs in various locations within a 1.5 hour radius of your home. The hours for this position are based on customers' maintenance needs and will vary.
· Be customer-focused, strive to delight the customer
· Be available and accessible by phone and computer daily as required
· Maintain, trouble-shoot and service light industrial equipment both mechanically and electrically
· Troubleshoot, adapt, and resolve/repair all issues to keep equipment functioning properly
· Test each system after service/repair is complete to ensure the system is functioning properly
· Perform proper inspection of customer system to prevent future issues
· Explain each service and repair performed to customers
· Use sound judgment to deal with and eliminate safety related issues
· Provide detailed and clear service reports, turning them in daily
· Read mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical schematics as required
· Use computer applications for word processing, modify excel spreadsheets, inventory control and repor
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
· Must have valid Driver’s License with proof of insurance and good driving record
· Versatile equipment maintenance repair skill set
· Welding experience preferred
· Ability to adhere to OSHA regulations including, but not limited to fall protection, lock-out tag-out procedures
· 1-3 years wrench in hand experience (mechanical, engineering, electrical, copiers, or cable installation) Experience limited to only computer/IT repair and installation is not generally a fit for this role.
· Must be able to read mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical schematics as required
· Must reside within 15-20 miles of the target city
· Must have standard tools used in the craft, and be proficient in handheld technology (tablets / laptops / smartphones)
· Be a self-starter, driving customer satisfaction with a passion for equipment maintenance
· Ability to sit, stand and drive for extended periods of time. Lift 80 lbs. Climb 15+ ft.
· High School Diploma, GED, Technical or Trade School
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.