Home Depot DC DELIVERY MANAGER-DALLAS, TX in Dallas, Texas
The Delivery Manager is responsible for managing delivery and transportation for our flatbed distribution center, including inbound truck, rail, store delivery, and last mile customer delivery for our flatbed DC in Dallas, TX. This position will support deliveries in the region, manage an on-site fleet, productivity, rail operations, yard operations, routing, capacity, store delivery & customer delivery.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
25% Manage carrier relationships and planning function to ensure timely deliveries to stores while ensuring cube utilization; manage inbound deliveries to ensure on time, on cycle and lead time; manage inbound deliveries to ensure product is available for delivery to stores; manage outbound to minimize expedites; communicate daily with carriers to ensure on time compliance.
25% Manage cost of transportation; manage cost per truckload, cube per truckload, and cost per mile; support overall financial goals; fully utilize transportation assets to reduce freight costs whenever possible; audit invoices of carriers on regular basis; review general ledger for all charges dealing with transportation.
20% Drive Customer Service; develop customer service team; manage customer service associates and store concerns from phone calls and Infodock.
15% Financial and Operations Metrics development and reporting.
15% Maintain accurate operation of the yard integrity, dock, security, yard switchers and pallet recycling.
NATURE AND SCOPE -
- Reports to DC General Manager I/II. Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of others. Responsible for personnel issues -- including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be open to relocation. Because of the nature of Retail Distribution, your flexibility to relocate will translate into increased opportunities for advancement.
Must be 18 years or older
Must be able to complete a Background Check
EDUCATION REQUIRED -
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 2
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS -
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS -
- Ability to work a flexible schedule. Ability to be on-call at various times. Must be able to work weekends and holidays. Must be open to relocation. Because of the nature of Retail Distribution, your flexibility to relocate will translate into increased opportunities for advancement.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS -
- Bachelors' Degree concentrating in Operations Management, Business or Supply Chain Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel software applications Extensive Transportation Background including TMS intelligence, Routing, P &L and Budgeting experience Previous Change Management Experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES -
Acts with Integrity: Demonstrates responsible, ethical and honest behavior in all Home Depot roles, tasks and responsibilities; models The Home Depot values.
Problem Solving: Reacts quickly and appropriately to problems in the DC; follows-up in a timely manner to issues not immediately resolvable; ties all loose ends.
Customer Driven: Creates a customer-focused environment in which excellent service is provided to all customers; sees business through the eyes of the Customer.
Gets Things Done: Motivates self and others to accomplish important objectives despite a complex environment and multiple demands; creates a sense of urgency; delegates appropriately.
Communicates Effectively: Communicates clearly and concisely with all audiences; keeps others informed and listens carefully to input and feedback; adapts messages to fit audience.
Plans Strategically: Demonstrates the ability to determine goals, direction and action steps necessary to maximize short-term and long-term.
Ground-Engaged: Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of The Home Depot business and how his/her actions affect the business; uses this knowledge to make effective business decisions; knows the competition and the industry; foresees future challenges and takes action to address them.
Building Relationships: Establishes trust and credibility with people over time; establishes rapport with people; has smooth working relationships with people inside and outside of the organization.
Champions Development: Seeks knowledge about the strengths and weaknesses of his/her self and associates; takes steps to maximize development of both self and Associates.
Stress Tolerance: Maintains a positive attitude; maintains a high volume, high quality workload under demanding conditions (e.g., short time frame). Safety Orientation: Enforces safety policies and procedures; is a safety role model; holds Associates to a high safety standard.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.