Home Depot ADMIN ASST/DIRECTOR - SOUTH ATLANTIC OFFICE, CHARLOTTE - 3693 in Charlotte, North Carolina
The Administrative Assistant performs full administrative and general office duties in support of a Director and/or department.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
30% - Performs clerical duties such as typing, note taking, and managing daily mail to make certain that order is maintained within the office or department and documents are accurate; Responsible for establishing and maintaining official documents and records in appropriate files to ensure organization of materials.
30% - Schedules and coordinates appointments and makes arrangements for meetings, conferences and travel to ensure effective management of supervisor's/department's calendar.
25% - Prepares routine letters, memorandums, agendas, presentations, forms, etc.; Maintains Director' s email and voicemail correspondence to maintain adequate and timely communication;
15% - Screens telephone calls and resolves or refers them as appropriate; assists with some light accounting/budget review.
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position typically reports to Director/Sr. Director
This position has 0 Direct Reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
No travel required
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- Provides primary support to a specific supervisor and/or department.
- Typically has frequent contacts outside the workgroup.
- Typically assignments follow existing routines or instructions.
- Typically considers among a few options and past practice when solving problems
- Typically, guidance is always available and prior permission is required before changing work methods.
Education Required: The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED. Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years Physical Requirements: Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles. Additional Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- PC skills, knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access), Lotus Notes and the Internet.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills and attention to detail, & strong interpersonal skills.
- Skills in operating office equipment (e.g., fax, copier, phone, etc.) Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Action Oriented
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
- Situational Adaptability
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.